Monday, August 17, 2020

#theVIPexperience Post #108: Kevin Fedders

I have really enjoyed and valued my time as a VIP here at Crossroads Health Clinic. I think that it has been an incredible opportunity. It is a role that makes me feel like I really have an impact. A lot of the patients that I call are people that are very busy with their lives and their obligations, so adding a health issue on top of that just makes it all the more difficult. However, with my role as a VIP I am able to help these people not only save time, but effectively schedule necessary appointments or procedures that would allow them to continue living their normal lives. A lot of the patients that I call are surprised that I am offering to schedule their referrals, but are ultimately grateful that I am helping them out and taking one more task off of their plate. It is also a volunteer position that let’s you feel like you are really making a difference. Though there are constantly new referrals that need to be scheduled, it is very gratifying to be able to contact a provider, schedule an appointment and then call back the patient. The patients are always very appreciative and thankful for what I do and it really let’s me know that I am helping these people out in their day to day lives. All in all, being a VIP at Crossroads is a great experience that not only gives volunteers invaluable experience, but also lets them know that they are helping out their community.

No comments:

Post a Comment