Friday, November 24, 2017

#theVIPExperience Post #39: Sierra Shockley

I began my journey with Crossroad Health Center during the Summer of 2017 and I was not aware at all how much growth it would cause me to endure. I have always had a drive for helping others especially in the realm of health care and Crossroad did nothing but ensure me that I am on the right path.

Starting at Crossroad over the summer I shadowed Dr. VanMilligan. Seeing her work with her patients was truly amazing. She continuously cares for her patients needs and gives them the best option for them to be their healthiest self. She also made sure that I wasn’t only learning by observation but also took the time out to teach me practices that she conducts to best serve her patients every day. She truly inspired me to continue my future career in healthcare.

Beginning as a VIP, my biggest savior was Lily. She was extremely helpful in all situations when it came to referrals, documentation and scheduling. Being apart of the VIP’s really has shown how much of a family we truly are. VIP’s make sure that everyone is held accountable and know the protocols for referring and documenting patients' records to ensure that there isn’t any confusion within and between offices.

The one aspect that truly brings joy to my heart at Crossroad is the genuine happiness that exudes from every person the minute they walk through the door.  Crossroad has taught me many lessons and I am ecstatic to see what lessons lie as my last rotation approaches. This internship has truly taught me what it means to work together for a purpose that is bigger than myself and I could not be more grateful for that.

                                                                                                               -- Sierra Shockley

No comments:

Post a Comment