Tuesday, October 29, 2019

#theVIPexperience Post #73: Kathleen Topp

As I walked into Crossroad Health Center on my first day as a VIP, I knew it would be a day that I would never forget. Sitting here today, having worked at Crossroad Health Center now for almost a year, I am so thankful for everything that I have learned, not only about myself but the community that surrounds Crossroad. Every week I come into Crossroad; every employee greets me with a “hello.” From the security guard sitting at the front desk to the MA’s and providers, everyone's happiness fills the office. Being a VIP has opened my eyes to all the different aspects of the healthcare system. This program has shown me the positive effects of taking a little extra time to help a patient that is struggling. At Crossroad, everyone puts all their effort into providing the best care for their patients. From the minute they walk into the clinic to months after their appointment, all different staff members are looking out for them. Being a VIP at Crossroad has made me want to become a healthcare professional that works with the people that need it most. For example, the people that are often pushed to the corner due to their circumstances. I will forever be grateful for all the different experiences I gained through the VIP program at Crossroad Health Center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment