Tuesday, February 4, 2020

#theVIPexperience Post #80: Olivia Dillman

After taking time to think about what to write and include in this blog post, I realized there are so many things that I could say about my Crossroad experience. How I found a place amongst such a group of interesting, compassionate, and selfless people? How I discovered a group of people, who I count as my friends and teachers, that share my passion for helping others? Or maybe, how I came to realize that the patients our Crossroad family helps each and every single day have some of the most inspiring and touching life stories themselves? It’s hard to pick just one thing to blog about. I will say that my time here, as a second rotation VIP, has taught me things that I could never learn from a textbook or in a lecture hall. These things include:  the ability to truly and completely listen to, be patient with, and make a connection between one’s self and another person. The things that I have learned from my Crossroad family have allowed me to discover my passion to be a part of the medical field. I think I can honestly say that Crossroad has given me so much more than simply the opportunity to volunteer in healthcare. Thank you to everyone who has had a role in my Crossroad experience and journey; you all have truly given me the chance to be a part of something bigger than myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment