Tuesday, March 10, 2020

#theVIPexperience Post #87: Francisco de la Garza Iga

The past couple of months that I have been able to intern with Crossroad Health Center have been amazing. I have been able to share a piece of myself throughout many different activities in the clinic. My first rotation involved calling patients to help them schedule their appointments. I was specially focused on help Spanish speaker patients schedule their appointments for them due to some language barriers. Also, I was able to help with English-Spanish translation between doctors and patients. I am pretty happy with the opportunity because I was able to learn a lot of medical terminology while translating and developing new knowledge on how to perform several different physical examinations done in a day to day basis in hospital. During my second rotation I was able to be part of the Tobacco Treatment Group in here I was able to develop a lot of knowledge regarding tobacco use. In TTG I was able to weekly learn something new about the way tobacco affect the brain, the heart, skin, and several other organisms in the body. Also, I was able to learn about several techniques and trick to handle bad habits and improve everyday life. I am so happy because of the opportunity Crossroad Health Center has given me to learn more about the profession that I love, which is medicine. As a physician I hope to be able to impact the Medical Community in many positive way and hope to improve the Healthcare System in order to make it more accessible to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment