Tuesday, October 13, 2020

#theVIPexperience Post #114: Jenna David

Throughout my time at Crossroads, I have learned quite a bit about myself and my place within my future career, as well as my place within the pandemic. With all the changes that have happened during this year, I felt quite lost about how I can still be a part and help my community. I decided to take a chance and apply for the Crossroads internship in order to step into the community and see what I could do during COVID. I am so glad that I took a chance not only on myself but took a chance on crossroads to immerse myself in volunteering and solidarity in the community. I have grown in my confidence to speak professionally between clinical providers and be able to talk to patients with compassion. In addition, I have been able to practice patience and gratitude even amongst the hard and frustrating times that comes with dealing with patients. I am so blessed to be given the opportunity to be part of an organization that strives to minimize the gap within healthcare and provide accessible health care to all people regardless of income, race, or religion. Crossroads has given me a sense of purpose within this pandemic and has helped solidify my love for not only volunteering, but for medicine. My confidence in myself, in my abilities, and my respect for those within the healthcare field has grown immensely during my time with Crossroads, and I can’t wait for what my 3rd rotation has in store for me, especially with our projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment