Friday, October 18, 2019

#theVIPexperience Post #70: Gissel Salas


I have been lucky enough to work as a VIP at Crossroad Health Center for over a year now. Throughout my time here, I have learned so much more than I ever expected. Interacting with these patients individually and learning the daily challenges that they face has changed my outlook on medicine. I have had so many encounters with different patients and have learned so much about them. The patients are always so grateful for my help, but they have no idea that I’m so much more grateful that I could help them! Every time I help a patient schedule an appointment it makes me happy to know that I made a difference for them.
After working at Crossroad, I have decided that in the future I want to continue serving populations who need help the most. I want to work with those who need the extra help of finding doctors. I want to serve people who without me would otherwise not be seeing a doctor. Crossroad has allowed me to grow as a person and given me the opportunity to work with so many amazing people. In the future, I hope to continue working closely with communities like Crossroad and providing equal care to everyone regardless of their background.

No comments:

Post a Comment