Sunday, March 1, 2020

#theVIPexperience Post #85: Emmanuella Baah-Binney

Being here at Crossroad, I have learned so much. I am interested in working to bring healthcare to underrepresented populations where access to healthcare is barred by a multitude of things. Through working with Crossroad, I have had an insight into the health inequities that limit one’s access to quality healthcare. For example, barriers such as transportation, or internet or phone access are things many don’t think about daily but are sometimes the sole things that are limiting for many in an underserved population. 
By working to ensure that these factors are not a problem for many of the patients here at Crossroad, we are able to provide many with the quality healthcare that they absolutely deserve. 
Not only are we working to help the community but I am also getting a first hand experience into working with patient charts and understanding insurance policies. These are all valuable skills that I wouldn’t have been able to obtain anywhere else.
The environment here at Crossroad is also so encouraging and inspiring. Everyone here is doing what they do because they have the passion and ambition to help. It is very humbling to see everyone do their jobs out of the desire to do so and it is done so well. I am also very grateful to be working so closely with the Doctors, NPs, MAs, other VIPS, RNs etc. I really wanted to be able to get access to the Doctors, NPs, MAs, etc. because we are working together and it is nice because everybody is really approachable and willing to help with any questions that I may have.

Crossroad has taught and continues to teach me so much and I am very grateful for this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment