Thursday, May 13, 2021

#theVIPexperience Post #129: Kristine Kreusch

 I remember applying to be a Crossroads Health Center VIP thinking, there’s no way I’ll get this

but might as well try. And I was ecstatic when I was accepted, I had been so nervous waiting to

hear back. I had never tried to get a position like this before, which was deterring at first, but it

made me really think of why I wanted it so bad.


I have always been hard-working and wanting to help others, it was just a matter of how. I am

currently a Pre-Pharmacy student and I wanted to gain so experience. I already work in a lab

with research though, I wanted something more personal than handing a patient their

prescription. I wanted to get to know the patients, to understand their needs, and assist them

in the best way possible. That is what drew me to this internship so much, I wanted to be able

to show how much I really cared.


Throughout working for Crossroads Health Center I have been able to continue assisting patients

even through COVID. I have been extremely grateful to be able to continuously support and

help our patients through these trying times, especially when healthcare is so important. It

breaks my heart to hear them talk of how difficult it is to balance everything, but this only

makes me work harder. I want to be able to help lift the burdens that are not needed when I

can support them. And hearing a simple thank you is more than enough when I know that their

day has been made a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment