Tuesday, October 4, 2022

#theVIPexperience Post #187: Pranav Jayakumar

    "So far, I feel my crossroads experience has been an opportunity for my personal and professional growth. This is my first experience interacting with patients directly and I feel I have learned a lot from it. At first, I felt really nervous about making calls to patients but after making several calls over and over again, I now feel a lot more comfortable interacting with patients and making the calls. Talking to patients has significantly improved my communication skills. I am a premed student and the ability to effectively communicate with patients as well as your co-workers is a vital skill for my career path. This skill can be very challenging to obtain so I certainly value crossroads as a starting point to start developing this skill. 
    My crossroad experience has had a positive influence on my outlook on healthcare. Having an opportunity to help patients who may not have access to the same resources as others has reminded me of what it truly means to be a part of health care. After seeing how many people require assistance with scheduling I have come to understand the full impact of our roles as VIP’s. There are many barriers when in health care and unfortunately this causes there to be a lack of accessibility for many patients throughout the country. Difficulty with scheduling is a primary example of one of these obstacles and I feel very proud of being part of the VIP experience to remove this obstacle for many patients throughout Cincinnati. Overall, I have learned a lot from my experience as a crossroad VIP and I look forward to learning even more with the rest of my time here."

No comments:

Post a Comment