Monday, October 14, 2024

#theVIPexperience Post #210: Kevin Krebs

     "My experience with Crossroad Health Center began in my summer leading into my freshman year of college. This experience was sparked by an email that came across my computer from my University of Cincinnati email account titled: "Crossroad Health Center Volunteer Internship Program." This was the first email I received that was not regarding move in dates or class scheduling. I clicked on the email and within seconds I was captivated by the amazing, inspiring description of what it is to be a CVIP as well as the inspiring mission that the Crossroad Health Center organization is currently embarking on and fulfilling. After observing how truly special the Crossroad Health Center organization is and the values it holds, immediately I knew I had to be part of it and replied to the email at the instant asking how I could get involved even though I was not in college yet!

    With this desire and ambition to become involved within this wonderful organization, thankfully I was accepted into this amazing program! From the first day of my volunteering experience, I knew I made the right decision and could not wait to begin learning about what it means to be a CVIP and how much of an impact I could make while being a part of this program. From the moment where I made my very first patient interaction, to now where I've likely made hundreds, I can honestly say I have learned a truly inspiring amount, as well as gained brand new perspectives on patient care and how big of an impact anyone working in patient care can make.

    One of these perspectives includes how difficult it can be for some to gain access to healthcare. Initially, this observation caught me completely off-guard as prior to this experience, I had no real exposure to the side of medicine that is often ignored and rarely taught in school". 

No comments:

Post a Comment