Monday, October 14, 2024

theVIPExperience Post #215: Rama Alshami

 


"After hearing about the opportunity to become a volunteer for the Crossroad Health Center, I was immediately interested and inspired. I knew that this was something that I would definitely enjoy partaking in. Most importantly, being a VIP has allowed me to grow as an individual and as an aspiring healthcare professional. 

I truly loved the aspect of being able to serve the community in unique ways. By being a VIP, I have been able to learn many new interpersonal and professional skills. There have been many scenarios where I have had to learn different patient care approaches. The interactions I've had with patients, fellow volunteers, and staff members have enriched my perspective and expanded my empathy. I have been mentored by amazing individuals who share the same passion for healthcare with me. This experience has been very educational not only for my professional experience, but has also taught me different ways of connecting with patients and colleagues. I have learned that there is so much I do not know about the world of healthcare, but being in this clinic has provided me with a new door to experience a non-traditional side of healthcare. The hands-on experience I've gained has been invaluable, allowing me to develop practical skills and deepen my understanding of healthcare delivery. I have also been able to shadow physicians at Crossroads. This aspect of the program has been amazing as I was able to immerse myself further into the world of patient care. 

As a member of the Crossroad Health Center, I've had the profound honor of serving individuals from all walks of life. Whether it's through providing healthcare services, advocating for wellness initiatives, or fostering a culture of compassion, every interaction re-emphasizes the importance of service and community. Every day presents an opportunity to make a difference, to offer support, and to be a guiding light for those in need. It's a responsibility I carry with great pride and gratitude".


No comments:

Post a Comment