Monday, October 14, 2024

theVIPExperience Post #216: Sanskriti Vaghela

 

   


"At Crossroad, interns play a pivotal role in the multidisciplinary team. Responsibilities range from assisting patients to helping schedule referral appointments at outside offices while taking into consideration potential limiting barriers. I also spent some time shadowing healthcare professionals, learning how they conduct patient consultations, develop treatment plans, and monitor progress. This hands-on involvement allowed me to witness the complexities and nuances of patient care in a real-world setting. I further understood the impact of health disparities and social determinants of health on underrepresented patient populations. 

    The internship has profoundly impacted me, both personally and as an aspiring physician. Working closely with patients who are often at vulnerable points in their lives has deepened my empathy and compassion. It has brought to light the importance of systematic changes in healthcare and increasing the emphasis on patient-centered care. Observing the dedication and empathy of the Crossroads team has solidified my desire to pursue a career in medicine. Their unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives has inspired me to strive for excellence and to be a source of support and guidance for those in need.

    I have gained a number of vital skills at Crossroad that will be extremely helpful to me in the medical field in the future. Effective communication is essential; developing my ability to engage with patients and coworkers has improved my capacity for attentive listening and considered response. Moreover, the ability to think critically and problem-solve has been reinforced through observing patient care and participating in case discussions. These experiences have prepared me to approach medical challenges with a strategic and empathetic mindset.

    My internship at Crossroad has not only enriched my knowledge and skills but also reinforced my commitment to becoming a compassionate and competent physician. The journey has been an invaluable chapter in my life that I wish to continue, paving the way for my future in healthcare".

No comments:

Post a Comment